Are you ready for your dog to go bananas over these treats?!
3 Ingredient PB & Banana Dog Treats
1 Banana (preferably overripe)
1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1 cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash an over-ripe banana in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the Natural Peanut Butter and Old-Fashioned Oats. Mix.
- Plop the mix on a sheet of parchment paper. Spread it out to your desired thickness. I recommend about 1/4”.
- Cut out in shapes of your choice.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool completely before giving to your dog.
Double Banana Dog Treats
4 Cups Oat Flour
3 medium ripe bananas, divided
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mash 2-1/2 bananas. Slice the other 1/2 banana into 24 very thin slices to decorate the top of the treats, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, mashed bananas and 2 eggs. Add more oat flour if the dough is too sticky to handle.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and roll to 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out the treats and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using your thumb, make a slight indention into the top of each treat, and lay a banana slice into it.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges start to brown and the banana slice feels just dry to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
2 large spotted/brown bananas
3 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Add your bananas to a stand mixer and use the paddle attachment to mix until broken down, but still some texture remains. If you don't have a stand mixer, you can use a food processor, hand mixer, or just mash by hand.
- Add in the peanut butter and coconut oil and mix to combine. Texture should be pretty smooth, but with some small chucks of banana in them.
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon to bone-shaped silicone molds, making about 10-12 treats. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours to firm up. Store in the freezer and let your pup enjoy!