Stressed? Anxious? Just generally hyper pup? Help ease their nerves with these calming dog treat recipes:
Chamomile Lavender Bedtime Dog Treats
1 cup organic coconut flour
1/2 cup cinnamon apple sauce
2 large eggs
1/3 cup bacon fat or coconut oil
1/2 cup dried chamomile
1/4 cup dried lavender
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Place silicone bone pan(s) on a cookie sheet - lightly grease with avocado oil spray.
- Combine all ingredients, mix well. Dough will be slightly crumbly but will hold together when pressed into a ball in your hand.
- Take a small piece of dough and form a ball. Press into the silicone bone pan. Repeat until the pan(s) are full.
- Bake at 275 for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Flip each silicone pan upside down onto a cooling rack. Allow Bedtime Biscuits to cool completely.
Recipe by Health Starts In The Kitchen
Almond Butter CBD Dog Treats
1 cup CBD-infused coconut oil organic, virgin, unrefined
½ cup almond butter
½ cup all-natural creamy, almond butter
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the coconut oil in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir until it is fully liquid.
- Add in both types of almond butter and the ground cinnamon and stir well.
- Continue to stir until mixture is completely combined.
- Remove from heat and pour into silicone dog treat molds or ice cube and refrigerate or freeze until they are set, approximately (2-4 hours).
- You may want to put the trays on top of a baking sheet first to make it easier to transfer to freezer!
- Pop-out the moldings and give your doggy a taste! Store them in an air sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 14 days.