Doggy breath getting to you? Whip up one (or all!) of these dog-friendly recipes to help freshen your pup's breath!
Minty Fresh Breath Dog Treats
1 cup Plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup mint
1/4 cup parsley
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup green apple, chopped small
- Blend together the yogurt, mint, parsley and coconut oil.
- Mix in chopped apples.
- Pour mixture into an ice cube tray or silicone mold. Freeze overnight or until frozen through. Remove from molds and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Fresh Breath Treats
1.5 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped mint
- Soften your coconut oil or if you have a mold, melt it down.
- Add parsley to coconut oil and mix well. If using mint as well, add in the mint.
- If you have a mold, pour in the mixture. If you don't, roll the soften mixture into small balls and place on a plate or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle turmeric on top for added anti-inflammatory goodness (optional).
- Put in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Take out and give one to your dog daily! Keep in the refrigerator for extra freshness.
Recipe by Holistic Pet Wellness
Doggy Breath Mints
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup parsley fresh, finely chopped
1/2 cup mint fresh, finely chopped
1 large egg
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325° F
- Add oats to a blender and pulse to a flour-like consistency. In a large bowl whisk together diced parsley and mint, egg, water, and oil. Add oat flour and stir to combine. Knead the dough a few times then turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, flatten the dough to about 1/8" thick. Using a cookie cutter or knife cut out approximately 40 (1-inch mints) mints. Place mints about 1/4-inch apart on a parchment-lined or non-stick cookie sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Allow mints to cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.