Has your dog ever tried papaya? It contains vitamins K, C, E, and A which are great for energy and a strong immune system, as well as calcium and magnesium which are amazing for a growing pup!
Give them a new, tropical treat by whipping up one of these yummy recipes!
Frozen Papaya Dog Treats
1 Large Papaya
Fat-free Greek yogurt
- Cut the papaya in half and scoop out the seeds with a large spoon and discard.
- Peel the rind.
- Cut into small-medium size pieces and place in blender.
- Add water and blend until smooth.
- Fill mold 1/2 way with blended water and papaya. Freeze for about 3 hours and then top with fat-free Greek yogurt and freeze for another 3 hours. Enjoy!
Mango Papaya Dog Treats
1/2 cup plain rolled oats
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup unsweetened, dried papaya
1/4 cup unsweetened, dried mango
- Place 1/2 cup of plain rolled oats in a bowl and mix in one egg and 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- Mix the ingredients until a batter forms.
- Put 1/4 cup each of unsweetened, dried papaya and dried mango into a food processor, and process the fruit into pieces about the size of a chocolate chip.
- Mix the chopped fruit into the batter, and drop teaspoons of the batter onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes. Let the treats cool completely before you let your pup taste-test them.
- The treats will be okay for up to a week in an airtight container, or they can be frozen to extend their shelf life.