Did you know that dog's can eat mango? This sweet, juicy fruit can be fed to your pup as is, frozen to cool them off on a hot summer day, or baked into one of these delicious recipes!
Check out these 3 yummy mango dog treat recipes:
Frozen Coconut Mango Pineapple Dog Treats
1/2 cup crushed Pineapple
1 ripe Banana
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1/4 cup dried Fruit, such as mango, pineapple and banana (Make sure the fruit is dog safe)
- Blend the pineapple, banana and coconut oil until smooth.
- Divide the dried fruit into the bottom of your molds and pour the blended mixture over them.
- Allow the treats to freeze for up to eight hours, to allow them to fully set.
- Run warm water around the mold to remove.
Mango Sorbet (For You & Your Dog!)
2 ripe mangoes, peeled
Juice of 1 orange
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Add all ingredients to blender and puree.
- Pour mixture into a shallow silicone baking tray or in a silicone ice cube tray.
- Freeze overnight.
Mouthwatering Watermelon Dog Treats
4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1 cup chopped fresh mango
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour, plus additional for dusting
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg, optional
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, mango, flour, oats and cinnamon; if mixture is dry, mix in egg.
- With your hands, knead gently and form into a ball.
- Dust a work surface with flour. Turn dough out onto surface and roll 1/4-inch thick. With a cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden. Let cool completely. Store in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.