Make sure your dog has a seat at the table because we're bringing you a dog-friendly Thanksgiving dinner and dessert menu that your dog will devour:
Mini Pumpkin Pies
For Pie Crust:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons cold water
For Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 3oz. pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch ground ginger
- Greek yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place flour and coconut oil in food processor and pulse until incorporated. Drizzle in water slowly until dough holds together.
- Divide dough into 2 balls and press or roll into 3 1/2″ rounds.
- Place each dough round into a muffin cup lined with parchment strips. Press edges with tines of fork if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool in pan.
- Empty pumpkin pouches into small bowl.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and ginger and mix together.
- When pie shells are cool, remove from muffin pan and transfer to plate.
- Divide pumpkin pie filling between the two shells.
- If desired, place a small dollop of Greek yogurt in the center of each pie.
Recipe by This Pug Life.
Frozen Turkey Dinner
- Turkey broth
- Sweet potato, softened and chunked
- Layer the peas and potatoes to loosely fill each space in a silicone ice cube tray. For larger dogs, you can also use a muffin tin for jumbo sized treats!
- Pour broth into each one, leaving a little bit of space at the top for expansion during freezing.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight. Once frozen, pop them out and feed to your dog!
Recipe by 17 Apart.
Thanksgiving Meatball Treats
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of chopped cranberries
- 1 cup of green beans (drained)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together ground turkey, cranberries, green beans, and half of your bread crumbs.
- Slowly add the remaining bread crumbs and continue to mix together until everything is sticking together well.
- Roll the mixture into meatballs and place them on your cookie sheet. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
Recipe by Gone to the Snow Dogs.
Turkey and Veggie Dog Food
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chicken liver finely diced
- 2 medium carrots coarsely chopped
- 1 cup green beans diced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to a double boiler, place vegetables in a steam basket over the pot and cover. Heat until boiling, reduce heat to a low-boil and steam until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the turkey and liver to a large skillet and cook on medium-high heat until done. Drain off any fat and discard. Chop veggies or pulse in a food processor. Add veggies to cooked turkey.
- Add the olive oil and toss with turkey & veggie mixture. Allow to cool before dividing into freezer safe containers.
Recipe by Skinny Ms.