Did you know that National Peanut Butter Day was on January 24th? In case you missed it, it's never too late to celebrate! Check out 4 of our favorite peanut butter dog recipes:
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
2 large eggs
2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
¾ cups of water
For the drizzle:
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the peanut butter and eggs. Beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Add in the whole wheat flour and water and beat until the dough forms a ball.
- Dust your work surface with whole wheat flour.
- Roll the dough out to a ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut out with the cookie cutter and place an inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet. They won't spread.
- Press holes into the cookie using a fork or a skewer.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. This will depend on the size of your cookie cutter. Mine was 3 ¼-inch long.
- Store in an airtight container. The cookies freeze well after being baked and will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add in the peanut butter and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir to combine. It should be a runny consistency but be thick enough that it doesn't thin out and not hold its shape.
- Lay the dog bones out on wax paper.
- Use a spoon or add the drizzle to the sandwich bag and cut a small hole in the corner, drizzle the glaze over top of each dog treat.
Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, and Banana Dog Treats
1/3 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of whole wheat flour
½ cup of oats
1/2 cup mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in your mixing bowl and knead dough until a ball forms. Add a little more flour if the dough is sticky.
- Flatten dough on counter or cutting board, either with your hands or a rolling pin. If the dough is sticky, add a little more flour.
- Use some adorable doggie cookie cutters to cut them!
- Prepare cookie sheet by spritzing olive oil on it, or use parchment paper and bake at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pupcakes
½ cup whole grain oat flour (whole wheat flour works too)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg, room temperature
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon peanut butter
½ cup pumpkin pureé
½ cup shredded carrot
¼ cup greek yogurt
For the Frosting:
½ cup greek yogurt, cold
1/4 cup peanut butter
½ tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray/butter/olive oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until well incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared tin. Bake for 35-40 minutes until firm. Cool completely.
- Place all of the frosting ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a frosting bag with desired tip. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and let your pup enjoy!
Peanut Butter and Banana Frozen Dog Treats
2 over ripe bananas
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup peanut butter
- In a bowl, mash bananas until completely smooth. Mix in remaining ingredients, and stir until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into ice cube molds, and freeze overnight. Store in an air tight container, in freezer.