Valentine's Day is all about celebrating love and affection, and what better way to show your furry best friend how much you care than by making them their own barkcuterie board? Are you asking yourself "What is a barkcuterie board?" It is a charcuterie board for your dog!
A barkcuterie board is a perfect way to show your dog just how much you love them and make their special day even more enjoyable.
We reached out to our friends at Bocce's Bakery and Hammy and Olivia to provide us with some examples of their Valentine's Day spread.
Valentine's Day Barkcuterie Boards
- Choose the right board: Start by selecting a board or platter that is big enough for all the dog-friendly food items you want to include. You can use a cutting board, a wooden platter, or even a tray.
- Gather dog-friendly food items: Some dog-friendly food options include cooked chicken, turkey, or treats, cheese, fruits such as apple slices and blueberries, and vegetables such as carrots and green beans. Make sure to avoid ingredients that are toxic to dogs such as grapes, raisins, chocolate, onions, and garlic.
- Arrange the food items: Once you have all your ingredients, it's time to arrange them on the board. Start by placing the meats in one section, the fruits and vegetables in another section, and the cheese in another. Don't forget to add our favorite Bocce's treats like the Strawberries Are Red Biscuits, Wild 'Berry Biscotti Biscuits, Grazers Turkey & Sweet Potato Jerky Sticks.
- Presentation is key: To make the charcuterie board look as visually appealing as possible, consider arranging the food items in a pattern or grouping similar items together. You can also add a few decorative elements such as fresh herbs, flowers, or even dog toys to give it an extra special touch.
- Enjoy with your dog: The final step is to enjoy the charcuterie board with your furry best friend. This is a great opportunity to spend quality time with your pet and show them just how much you love and appreciate them.
Hammy and Olivia's V-Day Barkcuterie Board
Hammy and Olivia are social media's favorite "talking" dogs. Their family-centric, daily shenanigans have captured the hearts of millions of people. Their short legs don't mean that they have a shortened vocabulary. Hammy, the ultimate K9 foodie and people pleaser, wrote a book of dog-friendly recipes so that he (and his furry friends) will always have a seat at the dinner table with their humans, and he enlisted the help of Olivia, a vocal critic that pulls no punches, to make sure everything is tasty, safe and nutritious.
This recipe comes from their beautiful book Barkcuterie: 25 Pawsome Snack Boards Your Dog Will Love (Available for pre-order now!)
To make this complete recipe, you will also need to make these two items below.
Valentine's Day is all about celebrating love and affection, and there's no better way to show your furry best friend how much you care than by making them their own dog-friendly charcuterie board. From selecting the right board to gathering the ingredients and arranging them in a visually appealing way, creating a dog-friendly charcuterie board is a fun and creative way to show your love and appreciation for your furry companion.