Today we will be sharing some of our favorite and easy dog treat recipes. These treats are sure to please even the pickiest of pups and are perfect for any occasion. Whether you're looking to train your new puppy or just want to show your furry friend some extra love, these treats are the perfect solution.
From classic favorites like peanut butter bones to a simple cut and bake recipe, we've got something for every dog to enjoy. Plus, they are all easy enough that you can make them on a weekday night!
Apple Cheddar Dog Biscuits
2 cups barley flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/3 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients and about 3 tablespoons water to form a dough. Roll out mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thick; remove plastic wrap and cut out biscuits with a 3 1/2-inch bone-shaped cookie cutter. Reroll scraps and continue cutting out biscuits.
- Space biscuits 1 inch apart on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until nicely browned and firm.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack. Turn off oven and place biscuits on wire rack in oven overnight. Remove from oven and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Peanut Butter Bones Recipe for Dogs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour and rolled oats.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter, dry milk, and water until smooth.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until it becomes smooth.
- Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Use a bone-shaped cookie cutter or a knife to cut the dough into desired shapes.
- Place the treats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the treats cool completely before serving to your furry friend.
Enjoy your homemade peanut butter dog treats! Remember to store the treats in an airtight container and keep them in a cool dry place. They should last for up to 1 week.
This next one is the easiest! All you need is a knife, two apples, a baking sheet and an oven.
Apple Chips for Dogs
2 large Apples
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an apple corer, core apples.
- Using a knife or mandolin slice cored apples into half centimeter slices.
- Place apple slices on parchment lined baking rack and bake for approximately 2 hours until dried and crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool. These chips can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container.