It's mid-August and we're all in need a cool treat right about now! Check out these easy to make dog ice cream recipes that are guaranteed to keep your dog cool through all of this summer heat:
Frosty Paws Copycat Recipe
16 oz of plain yogurt
1 ripe banana
1/3 cup of peanut butter
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once all of the ingredients are blended, pour the mixture into your desired containers for freezing.
- Place in the freezer for at least a few hours to harden.
- Feed to your pups and enjoy their excitement and gratitude!
Cantaloupe Dog Ice Cream
2 cups (300g) frozen ripe cantaloupe
2 tbsp unsweetened yogurt
- Make sure you have space for your cantaloupe in the freezer.
- Scrub the outside of the cantaloupe thoroughly.
- Slice the melon in half and remove seeds.
- Slice each half into quarters and remove skin, then dice the fruit into bite-sized chunks.
- Place cut melon in the freezer. The more space around your melon chunks, the faster they will freeze, so if you’re in a rush, place pieces on a baking sheet to speed things up.
- When completely frozen (2-4 hours or overnight), place about 2 cups (300g) of melon pieces into the food processor.
- Add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened yogurt.
- Blend until combined, adding a little cool water if needed to blend to your preferred consistency.
Pumpkin PB Dog Ice Cream
½ cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp honey
32 ounces plain yogurt (plain and unsweetened)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, peanut butter, and honey until smooth
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the yogurt
- Divide mixture among freezer-safe containers
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving
- Let your dog enjoy ice cream all summer long!