Fall is finally here!! We can't even control our excitement, because Fall means hiking, apple picking, pumpkin picking, and baking yummy treats... all with our dogs!
Check out our favorite festive Fall dog treat recipes:
Apple Cider Donut Dog Treats
2 Cups of Gluten Free Cake Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup of unsweetened Apple Cider
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Make a well in the the center of the bowl, and add all remaining ingredients. Mix together until well blended.
- Spray your donut pan with a non stick cooking spray (we use bakers joy). Fill the cavities 2/3rds full as if you were making muffins.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. If you want to make it easier to fill the donut pan, put your mix into a pastry bag and pipe it into the pan. This makes it so the donuts don’t have rough edges.
Banana Pumpkin Dog Treats
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 - 2 1/2 cups flour (use your choice of flour)
1/4 cup oats
green beans cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, blend together the pumpkin puree, banana, and egg. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in flour until dough forms (amount will depend on the flour you choose. Dough should be similar to a sugar cookie dough). Fold in oats.
- Shape dough into ping pong sized balls and flatten slightly with hands. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Using a fork, press down on each dough round (similar to making peanut butter cookies). Then place a green bean into the top of each treat.
- Bake treats until edges begin to brown, about 15-18 minutes.
Pup-kin Spice Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons peanut butter, natural
¾ cup oats old fashioned
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Add all of your ingredients to your mixing bowl.
- Mix together until everything is combined - it will be a bit dry and crumbly but it will stick together and be malleable. (Like the texture of playdough.)
- Using your fingers, press the dough into your favorite molds.
- After you fill the trays you can make the rest of the batch by rolling about a teaspoon of dough into a ball and then pressing it flat with your thumb. Place your cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. They don't have to be spaced too far apart because they won't really expand, but they will stick together if they are touching.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 40 - 45 minutes, until the biscuits are hard/crunchy. (If you use a mold, they will be a little thick and will most likely need the full 45 minutes.)
- Let the treats cool for a few minutes and then let your pup try them out!