Your dog is going to be begging for all of these strawberry dog treats this summer! Sweet and delicious, strawberries are a great summertime snack for dogs and can be incorporated into the treats you make them.
By feeding your dog strawberries, you're giving them a low calorie snack (great for that summer bod!) and giving them antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. The AKC also says that fresh fruit may help slow down the aging process, whiten their teeth, strengthen the immune system, and help with weight management.
Check out a few great strawberry recipes to make this summer!
Crunchy Blueberry Dog Treats
2 cups strawberries fresh or frozen
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular yogurt, plain)
2 Tablespoons honey
1/4 cup water
- Prepare your silicone mold by laying it on a small baking sheet or something else that is stiff for easy transfer to the refrigerator.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until combined, approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the molds.
- Transfer the treats to the freezer (approximately 30 minutes) until set.
- Pop the dog treats out of the mold and store in the freezer in a container or bag.
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Pupcakes
1/2 cup gluten-free quick oats
1 Tbsp water
4 strawberries, diced
1/4 tsp baking powder
- In a large mixing bowl, mash banana.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and stir until well-combined.
- Spray a microwave-safe bowl, mug, or ramekin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Microwave at 60% power for 3 minutes.
- Microwave at 100% power for an additional minute.
- Let cool and serve to your pup.
Sweet Potato Strawberry Chicken Dog Treats
1 sweet potato, cooked and mashed
1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. If needed, add up to 1/4 cup water until dough comes together.
- Roll into 1/2-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Press down on the tops to flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn off oven and open door slightly; allow biscuits to cool in oven before serving.