Is your pup in need of a cool, refreshing treat? Look no further!
We've rounded up 4 delicious recipes centered around one of our (and our and pups) favorite summer treats - watermelon! Check them out and try them for yourselves this summer:
1 1/2 cups fresh seedless watermelon pieces
2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons honey
- Place silicone molds on a baking sheet (this helps transfer them easily to the freezer without spilling.) Set aside.
- Put all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor; blend until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a measuring cup with a spout, for easy pouring.
- Fill each slot to the top with the mixture.
- Place in the freezer for about 3 hours or until solid.
- Gently release the frozen treats out of the molds and watch your doggie gobble them up!
1 Seedless Watermelon
- Slice watermelon into strips. Keep in mind they will shrink by half when deciding how large you want your taffy to be.
- Place on saran wrap covered dehydrator trays.
- Dehydrate for several hours until it reaches desired dryness.
- Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Watermelon Doggy Ice Cream
1 1/2 cups frozen watermelon
1/4 cup yogurt (substitute with coconut milk or coconut yogurt for lactose sensitivities)
- Wash melon before cutting.
- Dice a few cups of watermelon, removing seeds as you go.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours (or overnight if you prefer).
- Place 1 1/2 cups of frozen melon in the food processor.
- Add 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- Blitz in food processor, adding more fruit or yogurt to adjust flavor and texture.
- Serve immediately.
DIY Frozen Watermelon Dog Treat
Nonfat plain yogurt
Bone Broth For Dogs
- Put ingredients in a cake mold and freeze overnight.
- Serve over a towel and dog dish, it will get messy!